[Equest-users] Desiccant Regen with HW Loop

Steve Mignogna smignogna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 09:20:16 PST 2010

All-

Quick question here. My building has electric heating so there is no hot
water loop currently in the design. As an energy efficiency measure we are
testing a desiccant cooling system that would be regenerated with either
solar hot water or waste heat from a microturbine. However, when I connect
the turbine to the hot water loop and then connect the loop to the desiccant
system I get this error --

             Loop: Regen HW Loop                    has zero design flow.
             Check input for consistency, or specify design loads.

This problem goes away if I have a heating load on the hot water loop, but
that is not the case for this project. Any thoughts or workarounds??

Thanks in advance,

--
Steve Mignogna
Atelier Ten