[Equest-users] Outside airflow (eQuest Users group)

Tomlinson, Scott stomlinson at smma.com
Wed Feb 24 06:06:42 PST 2010

Thank you to those who helped with my previous outside air question.  I now understand how the outside air is controlled, I'm just not sure how I should be setting it.  ASHRAE 90.1 - 2004 dictates that the minimum outdoor air ventilation rates should be the same for the design and baseline building, but one of our LEED review comments is that our baseline model should be modeled base on ASHRAE 62.1 - 2004 requirements.  It seems that if I let eQuest size my OA based on ASHRAE 62.1 I won't match my design building OA rates (in this case, 100%).  Also, if I let eQuest size my OA based on the 100% OA rate of my design building I will be over ASHRAE 62.1 requirements.
What method of outside air sizing have y'all been using for your models, and have you been approved by USGBC with the method?

-          Thank you,

Scott Tomlinson, PE, LEED-AP

Mechanical

Symmes Maini & McKee Associates, Inc.

1000 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138

t: 617.520.9438

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CAB52C.F4940410]

f: 617.354.5758

stomlinson at smma.com<mailto:STomlinson at smma.com>