[Equest-users] DOE functions

Pouya Amid pouya.amid at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 00:04:49 PST 2010

Do any body know what is the DOE-2 function for "ROOF CONDUCTION"
Calculation or how DOE-2 calculate the roof loads in eQUEST?

I found that for some types of building because of the different thickness
of the roofs the "ROOF CODUCTION" would vary Between zero or non-zero value.
For example choosing 2 ft thickness lead to zero value but choosing 1ft lead
to a non-zero value.

My question is despite we specify the R-value of the Roof, why roof
conduction will be zero in 2ft thickness even with low R?

Sincerely yours

S. P. amid

Mechanical Engineer - CCHP Supervisor

Energy research Center - CCHP