[Equest-users] OA ratio stuck at 1

Patrick O'Donnell pco at MichaelsEngineering.com
Fri Feb 26 14:52:36 PST 2010

Hi all,
I have modeled a simple PSZ with one system per zone.  Problem is that
my OA damper is "stuck" open (just like the real world hehe or closed
sometimes!). i.e. no matter what I do I cannot bring in less than 100%
OA at the system level.  My "Outside Air Ratio" is shown as 1 in the
detailed report for each zone and I don't know why and I cannot change
it.

I have tried messing with OA ratio, restoring the defaults, eliminating
the economizer all together, setting OA to zero at system and zone level
but nothing seems to change the Outside Air Ratio of 1 or the hourly
reports showing 100% OA.

With this scenario, one system per zone, my system and zone level are
essentially the same.  I can adjust my zone-level OA down but for
example the hourly reports show SA CFM at 1500 and Ratio of OA to SA is
.9999 for a particular zone and that zone's SA is 1500 CFM which has be
all OA then, right?

Has anyone encountered this issue?? I have attached .pd2 and input file
for viewing.  If anyone can tell me how I can turn off 100% OA I would
be glad to know.   Any other assistance or ideas are appreciated.
Thanks,

-Patrick

 <<Base1.inp>>  <<Base1.pd2>>