[Equest-users] Reproducing Unmet Hours

STEVE SAMENSKI steve at thespinnakergroupinc.com
Mon Feb 15 16:04:49 PST 2010

John ‹ thanks for the tip on the throttling range.  I was able to reduce the
unmet hours by increasing the range from 2 degrees to 4 degrees in the
perimeter zones.

Demba ‹ As I read the help file, the throttling range is the same as the
dead band described in in 6.4.3.1.2 of Standard 90.1.

³The number of degrees that room temperature must change in order to go from
full heating to zero heating or from full cooling to zero cooling. The zone
temperature heating or cooling set point is assumed to be at the midpoint of
the throttling range. This keyword is appropriate to THERMOSTAT-TYPE =
PROPORTIONAL or REVERSE-ACTION only. ³

Since the heating or cooling setpoint is assumed to be at the midpoint of
the throttling range, then a throttling range of 10 degrees would correspond
to a dead band of  5 degrees.  Maybe tomorrow I¹ll see what that does to my
results.

Steve Samenski, PE, LEED AP
http://equest-diary.livejournal.com/