[Equest-users] Gas Consumption Chart

B. Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Thu Feb 4 08:58:07 PST 2010

Yes -- it is as simple as replacing the boilers in your model with a
"steam meter" (in the detailed interface) and then adding a utility rate
of type steam meter to assign a cost to the energy flowing through the
steam meter.

You can do the same for chilled water, replacing the chillers with a
chilled water meter and have BTU or ton-hours reported instead of
electrical input.

The only caveat to this is you may have to go to the detailed .sim file
for your energy info.  Some of the summary eQUEST reports did not report
steam meter and/or chilled water meter energy and/or costs (I know this
was true in an earlier version of eQUEST -- not certain about current
release -- please check!).  All building energy use is calculated/reportd
in the .sim (of course).