[Equest-users] (no subject)

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 04:25:43 PST 2010

1.  detailed mode, not wizard mode.
1b.  how many zones do you have?  equest/doe2.2 only recognizes up to 25
meters.  i'm not sure if that's 25 electric and fuel combined or 25
electric and 25 gas but i think it's the total number of meters.  i know
from experience if you exceed 25 electric meters heating and cooling
energy will not be reported properly and you'll have at least several
thousand unmet load hours in cooling mode.

2.  are you looking to where you can add the calculated results to add
together, or where to manually input the kw and fcu data?  for input
data equest/doe2.2 only lets you assign one hvac unit per thermal zone
so if you have multiple units serving a large area and you want to
simulate the actual number of fc units you have to break that large area
into smaller thermal zones - one for each fc unit.  in wizard mode this
is really best done prior to adding custom windows - changing the zones
erases all custom window data.
2.b  note, even in detailed mode, if you want to assign a cooling only
unit to a zone and then choose a heating source (radiant slab) that is
not an option for the cooling unit type equest won't let you do that for
an existing zone.  if a zone is already assigned to a unit, i.e.
evaporative cooler, and you want to add the same zone to a heating only
system, i.e. radiant slab heat, an error message pops up that there are
no available zones to assign to the system.