[Equest-users] to use a multiplier or not to...

Supriya Goel supriyagoel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:36:11 PST 2010

Hi Vikram

Yes Hamlet did use eQuest and so did Macbeth...

As for the windows, I found this on the help menu, I'm sure it'll answer
your question-
Use of Multipliers on Windows and Exterior Walls

If an exterior wall in a daylit space has a number of identical windows, the
windows should be entered separately rather than using MULTIPLIER (which
would give an incorrect illuminance calculation since individual windows
would not be positioned correctly on the wall).  Similarly, for a daylit
space, MULTIPLIER should not be used on any exterior wall that contains a
window.

Regards
Supriya

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Vikram Sami <VSami at lasarchitect.com> wrote:

>  I’d like to think Hamlet asked himself this as he was putting in a slew
> of windows into his eQUEST model, but it was just me (yes – Hamlet *did*use eQUEST).
>

> The question is – when you are enabling daylight calculations does it make
> a difference whether you have 20 windows next to each other or if you just
> define one and use a multiplier.
>

> I would think that it should. But I’m not really sure.
>

> *Vikram Sami,* LEED AP
> Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366
>
> *L**ORD**, A**ECK** & S**ARGENT** A**RCHITECTURE**
> *1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
> Responsive Design · Technological Expertise · Exceptional Service
> Please visit our new website | www.lordaecksargent.com
>
> P Think GREEN before you print.

Graduate Student, MSBE
School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
Arizona State University, Tempe