[Equest-users] LEED/ ASHRAE baseline

Shinn, Kim kim.shinn at tlc-eng.com
Fri Feb 19 09:24:58 PST 2010

You don't have to change your proposed building.  If your baseline system is System 7 or 8, your baseline building's chillers have to be water-cooled.  That may or may not put you at a disadvantage since sometimes the energy of the cooling tower fan and pumps eat up the advantage of the better EIR of a water cooled machine.

Kim E Shinn, PE, LEED AP BD+C, CxA
Senior Sustainability Consultant