[Equest-users] Heating Energy in ASHRAE 90.1 Appx G Baseline System 4

Kendra Tupper ktupper at rmi.org
Wed Feb 24 10:56:59 PST 2010

Lawrin,

In the baseline model, you have zero outside air which is why the heating
energy is so low. You have specified that you're pulling OA from another
system, which appears to be an artifact from setting up a DOAS for the
Proposed model perhaps? Restore default on that input.

Also, when I ran the models in eQUEST the Proposed used  634,370 kWh/yr and
the Baseline used 690,870 kWh/yr, so I'm not sure where the 1/63rd of the
energy use was coming from.

Kendra Tupper, PE, LEED AP
Senior Consultant
Built Environment Team

Rocky Mountain Institute  |  T  303-567-8641 |  F  303-245-7213  |
www.rmi.org