[Equest-users] Glass Wall

omoltay at mimtarch.com omoltay at mimtarch.com
Sun Jan 10 05:17:34 PST 2010

Dear all,

Is there a way to create windows that have trapezoidal shapes?

Also, I am trying to model a building where a wall is a complete glass
facade. However, I am unable to use the automatic window placement in the
Wizard as I define the wall's shape in the "Detailed Data Edit" mode. What
would be the fastest way to place windows on the facade, including
trapezoidal ones? I have looked into modifying the BDL file with a Text
Editor, but since the lines are numbered I am unable to copy-paste and
insert.

Another option: Would it be possible to define a complete wall of glass
material? If possible, would daylighting calculations be accurate?

Thank you,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP