[Equest-users] Unconditioned Zones -> Interior Walls

Taylor Sharpe newspectrum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:28:20 PST 2010

In experimenting with the best way to simulate a porch with extended
overhangs, I created a shell that had a perimeter of unconditioned
space to represent the porch.  The problem with this approach seems to
be that all of the N, NE and E walls default to "IWall" defaults,
including IWall Construction etc.  My question is: will the program
treat these walls as if they were originally exterior in the model if
I change the construction type of each to an "EWall" default
construction?

Image details:
On the right side, you see default EWall construction.  All of the
lighter walls that fall under the building shades defaulted to IWall,
but are now EWall Adiabatic constructions.

Will this solve my problem?

Regards,
-Taylor Sharpe