[Equest-users] Low-Rise Residential Building Modeling

YinRic cesseric at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 19:17:36 PST 2010

Dear Users,

We have a project, a group of 70 low-rise residential buildings to go for LEED. This group of buildings includes small houses with area of 50 to 150 squaremeters and 1 to 2 floors. Actually, they are hotels for rent, but I believe they should still go to the residential category.

I have a fundamental question to ask. For this case, shall I still use ASHRAE 90.1 to build the baseline model, or use ASHRAE 90.2 instead? In this project, there is almost not a single office equipment inside. I have no experience with ASHRAE 90.2, but in this book, there does not seems to have a baseline vs. proposed...

Maybe we should not even have registered it as LEED NC, but should go for LEED Home?

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Rick,  LEED AP