[Equest-users] Modelling Fan Coil Units & AHU

omoltay at mimtarch.com omoltay at mimtarch.com
Sat Jan 16 09:02:50 PST 2010

Dear All,

If a building is conditioned by a central air handling unit with heating
and cooling coils in combination with two-pipe fan coil units in each
space using the same loop for heating and cooling, what does one use in
eQuest to model this system?

If system type FAN COIL is selected, there is no air handling unit.

If system type INDUCTION UNIT is selected, there is a handling unit in the
system but the terminal units are not fan powered.

I see that there is a selection POWERED INDUCTION UNIT in the program,
which seems to include both air handling unit with heating / cooling coils
as well as fan powered terminal units, but there is no information on this
in the DOE help documentation so I am not sure if this is the correct one
to use.

Thanks for any help,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP
Mimta Ltd.