[Equest-users] Packaged VVT System Modeling Help

Christopher Jones cj at enersave.ca
Tue Jan 19 09:17:50 PST 2010

I have struggled with this on a few occasions.  From what the Carrier
rep told me, their PVVT system will make sure heating loads are
satisfied, then cooling loads whereas the DOE2 system makes sure the
control zone loads are satisfied leaving other zones under heated or
under cooled.  The only work around I have come up with is to play
with the control zone to reduce the number of unmet hours then
"remove" some of the heating capacity of the PVVT system and add it
to the under heated zones in the form of reheat.  If it is a gas
furnace system, I define a dummy gas boiler with no pumping
power.  Not exactly reality but it does reduce the unmet hours.  This
work around has been accepted by the CaGBC but I can't comment on
what the USGBC would think of it.