[Equest-users] Primary and Secondary Loop Problem

omoltay at mimtarch.com omoltay at mimtarch.com
Fri Jan 22 11:13:30 PST 2010

Dear All,

In my model, when I use only primary loops for chilled water and hot water
distribution, everything works OK. However, when I create secondary loops
to make the model more realistic to reflect distribution system branching,
I get an error message similar to the following on my secondary chilled
water loop and the simulation aborts (I suppose I would get the same
message for my other secondary loops if the simulation were to continue):

"[Secondary] loop has zero design flow. Check input consistency."

Thanks for any help,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP
Mimta Ltd.