[Equest-users] Cooling EIR and unit EER

Supriya Goel supriyagoel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:22:04 PST 2010

Jacob

You're right, EIR is not equal to 1/(EER/3.14)

The equation used by eQuest for calculating EIR from EER is-

COOLING-EIR = (1/EER - 0.012167) / ((1 / 3.413) + 0.012167)

If you want more information, I could send you the document from where I got
this.

Regards
Supriya

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Jacob Goodman <jacobg at lseng.com> wrote:

>  How does eQuest calculate "cooling electrical input ratio" shown in
> detailed edit mode when you input an EER in the wizard? From a few checks
> I've done cooling EIR doesn't equal 1/(EER/3.413) as I would expect.
>
>  Jacob

Graduate Student, MSBE
School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
Arizona State University, Tempe