[Equest-users] Weather

Katie Tuttle Katie.Tuttle at hei-eng.com
Tue Jan 19 09:05:02 PST 2010

Does anyone know where the weather data for eQuest comes from?  Why I ask is because many energy modeling applications have requirements on the type of weather data used for simulation.  What I've noticed is that if you change the "Run Period" in eQuest (see screen shot below as found on the "Project & Site" tab in detailed edit mode under "Simulation Options: Entire Year"), the energy use also changes.  I also found that if you set the run period to span over multiple years, the output (even with units per year) adds all of the years together.  Is eQuest not using a TMY, TMY2 or TMY3 file to create its .BIN files?  If so, why would the year even matter since you usually want to be using typical weather data?  Do those years actually correspond to actual data?

[cid:image001.png at 01CA98F5.C7341850]

My second question (relating to this) is how to use DOEWth to convert TMY2 files to .BIN files?  Is this the only way to do this?

Thanks,

KATIE L. M. TUTTLE EI, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical Designer

[cid:image002.gif at 01CA98F6.33EB35F0]

Henderson Engineers, Inc.   8325 Lenexa Drive  Lenexa, KS 66214
dir 913 742 5508  tel 913 742 5000  fax 913 742 5001   www.hei-eng.com<http://www.hei-eng.com/>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of Henderson Engineers, Inc. If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify administrator at hei-eng.com.