[Equest-users] Detailed Data Edit: fixing walls, ceilings etc.

Eric Studer estuder at dmiinc.com
Fri Jan 15 04:51:10 PST 2010

Hello Taylor,

No, eQuest does not make the 3D picture look good.  The program primarily
cares about the attributes of each thermal zone (e.g. area, conductance,
electric light load and variation, etc).  You could, in theory, place all
your walls in one heap, all your windows in another, and all your roofs in
yet another and still get the same answer (provided the azimuth of each
element is correct).  The exception to this is the calculations of solar
heat gain and daylighting if there are elements in the model that shade
portions of the building.  The 3D image is helpful for visual error checking
and helping your clients feel like they did, indeed, hire a modeling wiz.

Eric

Ph:   (781) 431-1100 ext 12
Fax:  (781) 431-1109