[Equest-users] Suspended Ceiling Tiles as Insulation?

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Jan 25 05:28:10 PST 2010

Omer,

If the air gap is not being used as a ceiling plenum then I think you
could justify adding the air gap and ceiling panels to your roof
construction layers. I doubt it will affect the energy performance much.
You could create a new roof construction and compare the two with
parametric runs to find out.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114