[Equest-users] Annual heating COP may be high

tim tim.jgrier at fuse.net
Fri Jul 2 12:44:54 PDT 2010

I am attempting to simulate a model for a geothermal system with a vertical
well field.  The vertical wells showed up on the water side as GLHX
(VertWell-CM) which is great and it let me specify a pump and well depth,
even the type of fluid which is all good.

So everything is working except I have an error on what I think is the air
side.  It says

EL1 Sys1 (PVVT) (G.N3)' Annual Heating COP (Total Annual Output/Total

Annual Input) may be high (Error: Ratio > 3.75)

Annual Heating COP = 5.03

Can anyone help with the info I have provided?  I tried specifying the cfm
to each zone and to each heat pump.  I have 4 heat pumps with this same
error.  How do I lower the COP for annual heating?