[Equest-users] Coefficient of Performance

tim tim.jgrier at fuse.net
Wed Jul 7 06:17:44 PDT 2010

All of my heat pumps in geothermal system show this error:

'EL1 Sys1 (PVVT) (G.NNE5)' Annual Heating COP (Total Annual Output/Total

Annual Input) may be high (Error: Ratio > 3.75)

Annual Heating COP = 4.84

Is this inherent with heat pumps or geothermal?  When I let the wizard
auto-size, COP defaults to 3.8.  Should I try and fix this OR write a
narrative after?  I'm guessing the change in heat for a heat pump would be
less and this is natural, but would appreciate any verification/ correction.

Tim