[Equest-users] VAV with reheat

Omar Katanani omar at ecoconsulting.net
Fri Jul 9 08:34:45 PDT 2010

Dear all,

If we have a VAV system, we have a heating coil and a cooling coil in the loop shown next to each other.

If we chose a Reheat Fan System, then will there be a NEW heating coil at the terminal unit, or will the Reheat Fan system replace the heating coil of the VAV system?

When looking at the schematic of both the VAV and the Reheat Fan systems, they look identical.

The reason i'm asking this is that when I changed the system types from VAV to Reheat fan, the space cool and the space heat consumption both increased, which got me thinking that there is an additional redundant heating coil or so...

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Omar
___________________________

Omar Katanani
Sustainable Design Engineer
Email: omar at ecoconsulting.net

EcoConsulting (Lebanon)
Nahas Building, 4th floor
4 St-Maron Street / Georges Haddad Avenue
Postal Code: 2028 5806 SAIFI
Beirut, Lebanon
Tel:       +961 (0) 1 971 255
Mobile:    +961 (0) 3 045 045