[Equest-users] Interpretation of Appendix G3.1.2.2 for unmet hours

Brett Fero bfero at robsonwoese.com
Tue Jul 13 11:28:24 PDT 2010

Has anyone received LEED reviewer comments regarding the fine-line interpretation of Appendix G3.1.2.2 for unmet hours.

I think I meet the criteria as shown in the table below.

[cid:image003.png at 01CB2297.A6DEDAA0]

1)      The unmet loads in either model is less than 300.

2)      The unmet loads of the proposed building does not exceed the Baseline building by more than 50.

There does not appear to be a requirement regarding the breakdown of heating and cooling unmet hours.

I know I could tweak the over-sizing factors, but am I correct in thinking that these results satisfy AppendixG3.1.2.2 for unmet hours?

Brett Fero, P.E., LEED AP
RobsonWoese Inc.
Syracuse, NY 13212