[Equest-users] Heat Rejection consumption is so small!!

Omar Katanani omar at ecoconsulting.net
Thu Jul 15 03:54:41 PDT 2010

Dear all,

What are typical values for heat rejection, if my Space Cooling
constitutes 25% of my school consumption? All I'm getting is 1% or so!

I left eQUEST to autosize the capacity of the tower, and I entered many
default values into the inputs of the Open Tower and the Condenser Loop.
I've heard that Heat Rejection in such climates such as Lebanon should
reach at least 10%.

One more thing, when modeling the baseline case according to ASHRAE
90.1, I read that I should model a condenser water loop for each
chiller. So if I have 2 chillers, will I need 2 Open Towers?

Many thanks,

Omar

___________________________

Omar Katanani
Sustainable Design Engineer

Email: omar at ecoconsulting.net

EcoConsulting (Lebanon)

Nahas Building, 4th floor

4 St-Maron Street / Georges Haddad Avenue

Postal Code: 2028 5806 SAIFI

Beirut, Lebanon

Tel:          +961 (0) 1 971 255
Mobile:    +961 (0) 3 045 045