[Equest-users] Coincident heating/cooling hours

Martz, Amanda amartz at klingstubbins.com
Thu Jul 15 07:39:42 PDT 2010

I have a 3 story building with 4 air handling units (vav & reheat) and
several AC units & fan coil units. In my ASHRAE baseline model, all of
my AHUs (according to report SS-C) have thousands of coincident heating
& cooling hours and lots of "floating" hours. Do floating hours mean
unmet hours? How do I fix coincident hours?

I've played with the cooling coil reset temps, cool control, throttling
range and anything else I can think of but don't see a fix. I can't
change cooling and reheat setpoints because of the ashrae 20 degree
delta t requirement. Thanks for any help!

Amanda E. Martz, EIT, LEED AP

Mechanical Engineer

KlingStubbins

2301 Chestnut Street