[Equest-users] Balanced Mechanical Ventilation

sinan senel msinansenel at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 07:56:56 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I have two questions regaridng the balanced mechanical ventilation with heat
recovery (no air heating, only for ventilating the house):

1. Is the exhaust air flow defined in the zone levels supplied to the heat
recovery unit or does it fow directly to outside?
2. I cannot see the cooling effect of the ventilation air in the zones. I
checked hourly reports and under thermal zone category there is an
item called 'heat extraction due to venting', however they are all zero although
I can see exhaust and supply air flows. Is this normal? Does eQUest calculate
the cooling effect of the ventilation air?

I saw this kind of a discussion in the previous messages but they were not
clearly concluded.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sinan Senel