[Equest-users] OA-Units serving AHU using - OA-FROM-SYSTEM

Varkie C Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Fri Jul 16 10:36:18 PDT 2010

I am trying to create various plant options for a bldg using eQ.  I have done this on projects using DOE21E. I am first creating a building with the systems.  The building is described in the PDF file.

The AHU systems are in the core space of each floor and the OA is supplied from a 100% OA AHU to the AHU per floor using OA-FROM-SYSTEM
In eQ-1 the OA is direct to the AHU
In eQ-2 the OA is supplied from 100% OA-AHUs on the mechanical flr to AHUs located in the core of each floor.

eQ-1: No Warning Message but CAUTION message regarding equipment curves � over 1000 pages
eQ�2:  Several WARNING messages, mainly regarding Heating Capacity and also the Caution message.

The input uses almost eQ defaults.  The names of the components (Schedules, Spaces, Zones, Systems, Constructions, etc) have been change so that I can check what�s going on.

Varkie