[Equest-users] Anomaly Multi zone system

Siddharth V siddharth.v at tcs.com
Thu Jul 29 03:35:12 PDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I was trying to simulate the HVAC performance using a multi zone system. I
have manually given that the design CFM should be 62485 cfm.

Using the options, I have also included the "Supply Air Flow Rate"  and
the Power consumed by FAN at the output.

But it seems that the Air flow rate is way below the value given input
value.

Note that this system is not a VAV system. A constant Air Volume flow was
also ensured.

I am unable to understand why the system behaves in this way, as when the
same was done for Dual Duct system, the given CFM was maintained at the
output.

Please find the attached .zip file containing the project file and the
excel file containing the flow parameters and the power consumption for
the 1st 3 months.

Regards,
Siddharth Venkataraman
Tata Consultancy Services