[Equest-users] Oversizing/Undersizing Equipment

M. Shields mshields at fstrategies.com
Thu Jul 29 14:23:55 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have been messing with the equipment sizing ratio in equest and came
across an interesting litte dilemma.  I was playing with the "Heat sizing
Ratio" on the System Heating->Coil Cap/Control tab to see how it affects my
unmet hours.  As I decrease the ratio here I see in the reports that the
system size does in fact decrease, yet no matter how low I make the ratio, I
never have unmet hours.  This appears to be because the supplemental heat
increases as the equipment size decreases.  Is there a way to limit
supplemental heating as well, or how would I be able to make my system have
unmet hours?  I am using a heat pump system.

Thanks,

Michael Shields