[Equest-users] Savings from Demand Control ventilation in eQuest

madhavmunshi at gmail.com madhavmunshi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:36:02 PDT 2010

A Minimum air schedule on the Baseline system will ensure no OA is being
supplied in the night when the fans should only be recirculating.

MIN-AIR-SCH
Takes the U-name of a SCHEDULE that contains hourly values of the ratio of
minimum outside air flow to supply air flow. Values in the MIN-AIR-SCH vary
from 0.0 (no outside air flow; economizer inactive if specified) to 1.0
(100% outside air flow). A value of 0.001 actives the economizer. A value
of -999 returns the hourly value to MIN-OUTSIDE-AIR or to the program's
calculated minimum outside air value (found on report SV-A for the SYSTEM
or for each zone for zonal systems). During a warmup period, this schedule
is normally set to zero and can then be set to -999 during other hours to
allow the specified or calculated ventilation minimum damper position to be
used. Note that schedules are ignored in the design routines; therefore,
the minimum ventilation air desired for design must be specified either at
the zone or system level.