[Equest-users] could not successfully allocate all equipment energy

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:20:03 PDT 2010

Hi Connor,

not that my response will help your issue, but sometimes no response at all
can be more frustrating than the problem itself...

So, with that, I have not encountered an error like this before in my 7
years of using eQuest.   If you have been using the "Save As" safety method
that many of us use for our sim files, my approach would be to revert back
to one of the Save-As-versions that did not contain the error and move
forward with a sensitivity analysis to try and find which inputs or actions
are instigating it to occur.

If I were in your shoes, I would choose to take a few steps back to try and
keep moving forward to get over the problem.

Also have you searched the archives at www.onebuilding.org to see if others
have encountered/discussed this type of error in the past?  You might also
peruse the BLDG-SIM archives too where these will be more general to
simulation softwares rather than specific to eQuest only.

If you do figure it out be sure to share your finding with the rest of us so
that future occurances of this error will be able to reference back to your
experience.

Good Luck,
pkg