[Equest-users] Interpretation of Appendix G3.1.2.2 for unmet hours

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 11:35:28 PDT 2010

i've wondered that before.  i had a review comment several years ago on
a leed 2.1 project where the reviewer disagreed with the concept that
the overall unmet load hours were fine as i had a spread similar to
yours in the heating or cooling unmet hours.  i ended up increasing cmf
and/or capacity until they were more in line with each other.

i never did receive a better clarification though, and the 90.1 user
manuals only show an example with 0 unmet hours so it is pretty useless
in that regard.