[Equest-users] eQUEST unconditioned spaces

John Waller jwaller at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 16 19:21:39 PDT 2010

Nick,

You are absolutely right!  My (so-called) feathers get ruffled way too
easily, which is why I make a conscieous effort not to comment in here
unless I'm 'mostly' confident that my contributions could even
potentially benefit someone encountering a problem similar to one I've
encountered in the past. Such constraint on behalf of all contributors
would do wonders for such an environment. The quality of query in
which I witness here for the most part is astonishing. (i.e. 'how do
spell equest'?). Rather than doing the research on their own, or at
the very least, exploring the 'onebuilding' query history, this
platform makes it all too easy to ask the infamous 'stupid question',
though I realize there exists no such thing.

I am beginning to believe that Carol is right in suggesting a more
professional and reliable authority to more acurately respond to user
querries. And someone else who suggested an eQUEST-wiki might just be
spot on. Thought I will admit, in an age where electronic response has
become the norm, there is certainly something something quite a bit
more 'personal' about receiving a reply from a beating heart.

As such, it is my feeling, that any 'responder', should not respond so
specifically so as to ignore the larger question an inquiry might be
addressing, particularly when a prior responder has already replied
and explicitly requests additional input on his offered solution.

In the spirit of community (as you have suggested) I would challange
anyone who posits a potential solution to address the formal issue at
large, rather than simply offering his(her) two-cents in contrast
simply for the purpose of seeming 'right'.

To do so, I am sure, would more likely benefit the group as a whole.

John Waller

Sent from my iPhone