[Equest-users] End results analysis

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:03:41 PDT 2010

Hi Sambhav,

My first guess on this issue is that is has something to do with the
controls that you've specified for the chilled water loop (i.e. load reset,
or OA reset, etc.)  Apparently you are seeing that your fans are the ones
trying to satisfy the "call for cooling."   But the bigger question is what
are the cooling or chiller schedules that you have input for your plant
systems vs. your air-side systems.

My next guess is that with such a dramatic difference in fans, but not in
cooling energy is that in one of the models you probably have a large number
of hours of cooling not met (throttling hours out of range.)  Have you
checked your BEPS/U reports, SS-F, SS-R?   Did you input your own schedules
or did you use the default operation schedules from the program?

As is always the case for simulation questions when you ask "what's going
on?" the basic response is, "IT DEPENDS..."  on so many variables that at
this point you are the only one who knows which variables in your model you
have (or have not) adjusted.

Best way for us to try and offer insight or solutions is to upload your
.pd2, .inp, and maybe even your weather file for us to run and look deeper
into your model file for you.