[Equest-users] VAV with Electric Reheat

Omar Katanani omar at ecoconsulting.net
Fri Jul 23 09:48:08 PDT 2010

Otto, it didn't work!

Dear all,

I discovered that the parameter "Hot Deck Max Leaving Temp" is necessary
in order to activate the main heating coil! If left to default, only the
reheat coils will operate.

Back to my case, where I had electric reheat. When I didn't specify the
"Hot Deck Max Leaving Temp", the hot water loop had zero flow because it
wasn't activated (and hence the error).

Now when I specified a value of 70F, I got rid of the error, but the
whole heating (99.9%) was electric, and a very small 0.1% was due to the
hot water loop.

A possible percentage of space heating sources is 80% hot water loop,
20% electric reheat coil. (or any other reasonable percentage).

I played a lot with the "reheat delta temp" and the "Hot Deck Max
Leaving Temp", the results slightly varied (change in the fuel
consumption of space heat, but still negligible compared to the electric
portion.

Any recommendations? I attach my files just in case...

Many thanks,

Omar

___________________________

Omar Katanani
Sustainable Design Engineer

Email: omar at ecoconsulting.net

EcoConsulting (Lebanon)

Nahas Building, 4th floor

4 St-Maron Street / Georges Haddad Avenue

Postal Code: 2028 5806 SAIFI

Beirut, Lebanon

Tel:          +961 (0) 1 971 255
Mobile:    +961 (0) 3 045 045