[Equest-users] Unmet Hours

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Jul 27 15:11:58 PDT 2010

[For continuity, I'm attaching Michael's most recent response to
Dakota's followup... just some convulted copy/pasting to keep the
discussion moving in one direction]

Michael,

I'd like to caution you against a fairly common misinterpretation.  90.1
is unfortunately not crystal clear, but the general consensus on these
lists (including reviewer input) is that 90.1 is citing unmet hours as
"coincidental" unmet hours.  The long and short of it is, you aren't
supposed to literally sum up the unmet heating and cooling hours of each
zone to come up with total unmet hours, even though it may seem
intuitive.  If you do, you're likely unnecessarily penalizing one or
both models and putting extra work on yourself.  See the message copied
below (scroll to the bottom and read-on-up) for a more in-depth
explanation/discussion of a "best practice" approach with eQuest -
there's more where that came from in the archives also.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway