[Equest-users] Adding components in eQuest's detailed edit mode

Jeremy Poling jpoling at epsteinglobal.com
Fri Jul 30 11:37:17 PDT 2010

That's a frequently used "trick" to working with the software - it
should work well for you but it always carries the risk that some
"gremlin" might get into the INP file somehow.  I've seen people use
file comparison tools in a similar way - WinMerge is a good one that
compares the files side-by-side, highlights differences, and provides
point-n-click copy/paste capabilities.  Just don't forget to save backup
files!  I forgot a backup once and was lucky it was a small (5,000SF)
building model with not a lot of complicated details since I had to
start from scratch.  Haven't forgotten since :)

JEREMY R. POLING, PE, LEED AP
Associate Vice President,

Senior Sustainability Analyst
Strategic Services
Site Solutions | Operations | Sustainability

EPSTEIN

Epstein is a firm believer in sustainability. We ask that you please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail.