[Equest-users] (no subject)

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Jul 7 09:41:10 PDT 2010

Hi Derek,

Performing a 90.1 Baseline/Proposed comparison with eQuest will require
building two models.  There are many way to skin the cat, but common
practice is to build up either your baseline or proposed model, save a
copy right before transitioning to detailed mode from the wizards,
finish the model in detailed, then use the wizard-level and final models
as references to build the second model.

I personally find starting with Proposed (instead of the 90.1 Baseline)
to be easier than the other way around, having tried both, but opinions
differ.  You may want your 90.1 baseline model created first depending
on where your modeling starts in relation to the design process.

I've copied a discussion from this list below that includes others'
views and some more specifics.  You can find more discussion through the
archives - feel free to ask specific questions if you need to!

http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/

http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.