[Equest-users] (no subject)

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jul 9 07:32:17 PDT 2010

It might help Omar and a number of recent question-posters to recognize the term "fan coil unit" is used outside of eQuest to describe a variety of real-world equipment.  In eQuest, Fan coil units (system type FC) are a very specific system - in my mind, this is analogous to what I'm used to calling a "PTAC" - a wall/window unit typically used in hotels and small classrooms to provide single-zone conditioning (link <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packaged_terminal_air_conditioner> ).  That doesn't sound quite like the central AHU system you're describing...

One can occasionally avoid a major personal headache in the long term by perusing the DOE2 help file system descriptions before modeling any specific system for the first time - I speak from personal experience!  Here's where to look...

Click Help à DOE-2 Help... and check out:

Volume 1 à Air-side Components à HVAC Air SYSTEM Types

and

Volume 3 à Air-side System Types

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.