[Equest-users] Simulation with Baseline model, Thanks for Your Advice. I am unable to figure it out.

tim tim.jgrier at fuse.net
Thu Jul 22 05:31:27 PDT 2010

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the baseline run is based on
the info you input and is the sort of built-in automatic run.  You can use
the EEM wizard to set up additional simulation runs where you can change
certain aspects of the model through the run details dialog, but getting
your actual proposed system to run against the true baseline in one model is
a bit tricky.

I managed to do it on a simple project by modeling the proposed system
(which included one zone with a PSZ per 90.1G) and a geothermal.  I then
created 2 simulation runs in the EEM wizard and named one proposed and the
other baseline.  In the new baseline run I created, I deleted the geothermal
and applied the PSZ to all zones to get my baseline run.  Then, after I hit
simulate, I unchecked the automatic baseline run and it ran just the 2 that
I made.

Equest is set up for the title 24 compliance, so I think the built-in
baseline run is to those standards, but to get a true 90.1G baseline, you
must manually make sure all aspects meet the 90.1G standard.

The results will display whatever you name the run in the EEM wizard so if
you don't set any new runs up, your reports will automatically display the
"title of the project" - baseline.

Tim