[Equest-users] Simulation with Baseline model, Thanks for Your Advice. I am unable to figure it out.

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 01:30:49 PDT 2010

This is not a personal reflection on me, I'm sure, but I have never "got
lucky, WRT App G systems, of course.

My process is just like yours, Pasha, but I have never even been tempted to
have the Baseline and Proposed buildings in one model. Too much opportunity
to screw up. To add to what you do, I try to remember to rename - Save As -
my file each morning when I get started, that's providing I haven't been up
all night modeling away and there's an actual morning start. I Save As
"ModelName Proposed 7-23-10" or something like that. I find it really
helpful  not only in the short term but in the long term. Eventually, should
I ever complete the dam model, I will get rid of the interim versions and
just save the FinalProposed and FinalBaseline. If I'm working on a real
complex son-of -a-gun, I may even do a SaveAs with another cue to let me
know what it is Just In Case. I especially do this when I'm editing in the
.inp file, which you all should learn to do sometime. It's really rough to
lose a whole nights work because the new version of eQUEST mysteriously
stripped out all of your data leaving only the headings of each section.
Much better to only lose 5 hours worth of work. You can do it much faster
the second time, right?

I have never run 2 models on 2 machines in my career. I am totally certain
I'd screw up.....

Not bitter,
Carol

Carol Gardner PE