[Equest-users] Unmet Load Hours Calc

Tom Serra tserra at emoenergy.com
Fri Jul 23 07:46:18 PDT 2010

I'm sure most of us have stories about mis-understandings between the LEED
reviewer and energy modeler.  I must resist the urge to speak negatively
about them , but I have received many comments that show lack of
understanding of very basic modeling procedures.  Anyone reading this forum
will also note that many users have similar issues.  I would expect this
from beginners , but at the same time I would expect someone providing third
party review to be more knowledgeable about energy simulation.

These type of questions are probably at the root of USGBC's reasoning for
bringing the review process back in house.

Does anyone know of a list where we could post review comments and our
solutions to the more common questions?

I found an older post from Scott at DOE2.com  that explains everything.
Since this is a developers explanation you could use it in your response.  I
wish there was a way to distribute this to every LEED review team so we can
stop getting this question.

"