[Equest-users] End results analysis

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jul 23 10:50:47 PDT 2010

I think Pasha's suggestions to carefully review the schedules sounds
right - the plant equipment (capacity/pumps behavior) is clearly not
adjusting to the halved loads.  Be sure all such fields are allowed to
auto-size by not inputting too many sizing figures.

Carol, my immediate guess is that Samhav may be either trying to
evaluate a factory/industrial space which is being re-occupied for
another purpose (not a LEED comparision), or is otherwise simply trying
to prod/test his models' behavior to figure something else out or QC.
I've done a few factory-space retrofit designs (MEP) - it can be a whole
lot cheaper than building an entirely new factory ;) - it's also
prime-target work for claiming impressive LPD-based EPAcT tax
deductions... relatively easy to hit a home-run there for industrial
occupancies with regard to the interim lighting rule.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway