[Equest-users] BDL Error

Thomas Vu vietdrum at ufl.edu
Tue Jun 1 17:37:42 PDT 2010

All,

I get the following BDL error in my model

WALL has no heat capacity. U-Value used.

I am modeling the baseline envelope as prescribed in Appendix G of
90.1-2004.  Referring to Appendix A of 90.1-2004 to model the baseline
envelope, I  created layers for the wall construction seen in the attached
screenshot.  The resulting U-value for the wall is 0.124.  Can I not model a
wall in this manner?  It seems specifying the U-value alone in the
construction layer would do the same thing.

Thomas Vu, E.I.

Graduate Student

Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

University of Florida

vietdrum at ufl.edu