[Equest-users] Water-side Economizers NOT on Airside System?

Aaron Powers apowers at rumseyengineers.com
Sat Jun 5 16:20:21 PDT 2010

Cassie,

We have a similar design with water cooled IT racks, and I've had no issue with a dummy system and 0 bhp.  The datacenter space is essentially unconditioned other than the CHW racks, so we don't have the issue with 2 systems serving one zone.

On a side note, I've been able to use the system level module WS-ECONO successfully in a VAVS, which I've never been able to do in previous versions of DOE.  My understanding was this was only available to PSZ and PVAVS  types.  I'm not getting any bdl errors or overwrites, and I'm getting the savings expected from an integrated WSE system.  Is this a new feature in DOE2.2, yet they didn't update the manual?

>From the DOE2.2 Basics Manual
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CB04CA.FE953F90]

Aaron Powers
Project Engineer