[Equest-users] Underfloor Air Distribution Supply Air

Andrew Phelps Andrew.Phelps at larsonbinkley.com
Tue Jun 8 05:36:22 PDT 2010

Jon:

If I understand your email/system description correctly, isn't your underfloor system just a series fan powered box, with a zone fan to mix to 65F?

I do agree with you that your idea to setup a different AHU for the underfloor system by making reasonable assumptions for fan energy (and make sure you change the other AHU as well) is a good one.

However, you might want to consider how the UFAD system is heated.  This could be an issue especially if your system gets 55F constantly, or if the supply air to be mixed is varied based on a reset schedule.  I know that we don't really think about it much, but heating energy can be tricky, especially in UFAD systems.

  Andy Phelps, PE - Mechanical Engineer -  Larson Binkley, Inc.
     6363 College Blvd., Ste 400 Overland Park, KS 66211 | (T-direct) 913-383-5861  |(T-main) 913-383-2621 |(F) 913-383-2831 | andrew.phelps at larsonbinkley.com

Message: 6