[Equest-users] Weather file, no solar data

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Jun 15 08:49:44 PDT 2010

I have recent, local hourly weather data that I have put into Excel. I
arranged the data into columns just as they appear when you convert a
TMY2 bin file into an FMT file, except that I have no solar data (SOLRAD
and DIRSOL). Can anyone tell me what/where to modify the text (FMT) file
that I create so that when I convert it into a bin file it will be
loaded correctly by eQUEST?

The DOE-2 manual mentions an old TRY format that didn't have solar data.
Should I "try" to create a bin file from a TRY?

The other option I'm considering is just to copy the two solar columns
of data from the TMY2 file. At least the temperatures will be accurate,
but I don't want to fry the computer when it reads sunny and heavy snow
in the same hour!

Thanks,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers &
Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608