[Equest-users] Help - eQuest - Controlling Space Heating Fuel Oil Consumption

Synergy Team synergydesignteam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:49:32 PDT 2010

Good Morning Everyone,

We are working on an energy audit for the Tarrytown Municipal Housing
Authority just north of NYC. We have developed a model going through the
wizard and moving on to the detailed mode to enter more specific data
concerning space heating and DHW systems. We feel that our numbers are
accurate however when we simulate the building performance, the graph
indicates the highest space heating fuel consumption in January which dips
down into a "valley" where in in July through October, no space heating is
indicated. In november, it begins to creep back up however, the graph
indicates that in the month of December,  less than 1/4 of the fuel needed
to heat the facility in January was used, which is plain and simply not the
case. December and January should indicate similar fuel consumption for
space heating. Does anyone know how to tweak the model so that the graph
will dip down into a "valley" indicating no fuel consumption for space
heating only in the summer months (June, July, August) while maintaining the
same annual total fuel consumption currently modelled? We are using New
York, NY ("newyony") weather data from the DOE2 website. Any suggestions
would be helpful. Thanks.

Vaughn Slovak
Architectural Designer
Synergy Design