[Equest-users] Recreating Plenum Spaces

Jansen, Connor Connor.Jansen at wspfk.com
Thu Jun 24 10:50:47 PDT 2010

Hello All,

I'm looking for some insight on how plenum zones may or may not affect
my modeling outcome.

The building in question has changed from a 90.1 baseline system type 6
Packaged VAV to a system 4 Packaged Single zone. The model is currently
using a single plenum zone for the entire floor. I've noticed in the
past (correct me if I'm wrong) that when assigning spaces to HVAC
systems in the wizard it will output individual plenum spaces for
corresponding zones when using single zone HVAC systems and a combined
plenum space when using multizone systems.

Is it necessary to recreate the individual plenums in the detailed mode
if I switch to single zone systems? If so is there a simple way of doing
this?

Thank you for the help.

Regards,

Connor